Product Design Group
Senior Interaction Designer
Jamdeo is focused on creating products & innovations that cross the boundaries between Mobile, Tablet & TV’s. We work on applications and Operating Systems for these products. As a member of the UX team you will fluidly move through the spectrum of ideation, conceptual design, production design, and delivery of information systems that are part of Mobile, Tablet, and TVs by using a variety of techniques to develop and communicate design.
As an Senior Interaction Designer, you will develop high level and detailed storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interactions and design ideas for products and information systems within the Consumer Electronics Market. Working with authority and professionalism, you will be diligent and ensure high quality design standards are met at every stage of the product and information system design phase.
Your passion to produce world-class designs for products must be demonstrated through promoting a willingness to innovate, take risks, and present concepts to Senior Design Management, Software Engineers and Marketing Team Members.
- Champion of the user experience, and user centered design methodology
- Capture and distil project and customer requirements and extract user requirements or inputs into a proposed solution
- Conceptualize, explore, iterate and evaluate solutions
- Support solution implementation
- Understanding of terms and procedures that relate to personas, user scenarios, task flows, storyboards
- Create and maintain detailed specifications which describe the information system architecture, interaction design, task-flows, screen layouts, and rules for governing a feature
- Conceptualize and enhance interactions and behaviors for applications as well as for core UI controls and navigation systems for the information systems
- Ability to create and document new interaction patterns for common approaches to design
- Ability to simulate or prototype interactions with prototyping tools is a plus (Flash)
- Work with software developers to assess the feasibility of implementing solutions
- Provide ongoing support and feedback throughout the complete product and information systems development life-cycle
- Mentor interaction designers and work directly with project managers to plan projects
- Ensure that the design vision is executed correctly during the product and information systems development process
- Ability to facilitate design discussions across a multi disciplinary group
- Post secondary degree in a product design related field such as; Interaction or Interface Design, Interactive Media, HCI, Industrial Design, or the equivalent experience and training in an area directly relevant to this position, is required.
- 5+ years as an interaction designer developing consumer products and information systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, from one on one meetings, to group design sessions
- Master of writing clear and concise specifications to describe detailed design behaviors
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solving
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Have the visual design skills to produce professional-quality interaction design concepts and specifications.
- Fluency with Sketch, Fireworks, Illustrator, Omni Graffle and other design tools
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Attention to detail at all levels of the design
- Expertise with iOS and Android
- Ability to work in both an Waterfall & Agile methodologies in a Product Development cycle
- Ability to travel up to visit customers
- A Design Thinker
- Have one (or more) superpower(s)
- A innovative spirit, and a desire to learn
- A “can do” attitude
- The desire to be a part of something great
- Ability to speak secondary language (e.g Mandarin)
Thank you for applying but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Jamdeo is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments.
We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selections process. Please advise the Human Resource Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the process.