G& A Group
Office Manager, Accountant
As an Office Manager, Accountant, you will be responsible for splitting your duties between the Office Management & Accounting departments.
As an Office Manager, you will be responsible for organizing many of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office and representing Jamdeo as a first point of contact for any guest, visitors, and potential clients.
As an Accountant, you will be responsible assisting the Senior Accountant with accounting duties such as journal entries, account reconciliation and ensuring accurate account payable and receivables.
- Preparation of journal entries (multiple types of expenses) and monthly bank account reconciliations
- Conduct monthly closing activities by preparing reports to shareholders
- Use online banking system to pay multiple vendors and expense statements
- Assist with managing cash, including selling USD to CAD, making deposits
- Assist Senior Accountant with providing documentation for tax and annual audit
- File sales tax monthly
- Collect working hours from project managers
- Assist with Senior Accountant with other day-to-day financial activities
Office Manager Duties
- Effectively manage day to day office operations including, travel bookings, administration, shipping, planning of functions, events organization and visa applications
- Manage general office supplies, office maintenance/improvements,
- Ensure office & meeting rooms are presentable guest and clients
- Manage inventory of purchased hardware
- Other tasks assigned.
- Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration
- 3+ years' experience within the general accounting function,
- 3+ years office management experience, preferably in a ‘start-up’ environment,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence
- Thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office Programs,
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to prioritize,
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions with all functional areas
- Ability to speak and communicate in Mandarin
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Valid drivers license & access to car
Thank you for applying but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.Jamdeo is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments.
We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selections process. Please advise the Human Resource Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the process.