Product Design Group
Product Design Manager, Interaction Design
Jamdeo is focused on creating products & innovations that cross the boundaries between Mobile, Tablet & TV’s. We work on applications and Operating Systems for these products. As a member of the UX team you will fluidly move through the spectrum of ideation, conceptual design, production design, and delivery of information systems that are part of Mobile, Tablet, and TVs by using a variety of techniques to develop and communicate design.
As a Product Design Manager, Interaction Design, you must work to meet the demands of a retail product life-cycle and deliver high quality designs and product experiences with aggressive but realistic time schedules. Working with the existing Product Design Management you will be a part of the Design Leadership team, and support all Product Design initiatives.
Your passion to produce world-class designs for products must be demonstrated through promoting a willingness to innovate, take risks, and present concepts to Senior Design Management, Software Engineers and Marketing Team Members.
- Assist with the management of user experience deliverables and daily design related tasks
- Own, contribute, manage and track team product features — including your own
- Ability to capture, describe and distil project and customer requirements in order to obtain user requirements and input into solution
- Conceptualize, explore, evaluate solutions, and support their implementation
- Develop personas, user scenarios, task flows, storyboards, low & high fidelity prototypes
- Create and maintain detailed specifications which describe information system architecture, interaction flow, screen layout, and detailed behavior of features
- Conceptualize and enhance interactions and behaviors for applications as well as for core UI controls and navigation systems for the information systems
- Ability to create and document new interaction patterns for common approaches to design
- Ability to simulate or prototype interactions with prototyping tools is a plus (Flash)
- Work with software developers to assess the feasibility of implementing solutions
- Provide ongoing support and feedback throughout the complete product and information systems development life-cycle
- Refactor design in order to deliver to market
- Mentor interaction designers and work directly with project managers to plan projects
- Ensure that the design vision is executed correctly during the product and information systems development process
- Ability to facilitate design discussions across a multi disciplinary group
- Provide assistance to ensure project costs are kept at a minimum by ensuring projects are completed on time or early.
- Manage and develop interaction designers
- Assist with setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly
- Ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, user research etc., to ensure a smooth product development process between the different geographies
- Assist to recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- Continue to contribute towards innovation and product design
- Conduct employee reviews and police individual growth
- Interview candidates for open roles and provide feedback to Directors & Human Resources
- 5+ years of UX Design experience
- A solid grasp of information architecture, web and mobile technologies, and expert implementation of the visual design.
- Working knowledge of current user experience design principles, standards and trends.
- BS/BA in Design or other related field
- Expert level ability in most Design programs (Sketch, Fireworks, Illustrator, Omni Graffle)
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS, Design prototyping tools, and other web technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, from one on one meetings, to group design sessions
- Master of writing clear and concise specifications to describe detailed design behaviors
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solving
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Have the visual design skills to produce professional-quality interaction design concepts and specifications.
- Attention to detail at all levels of the design
- Ability to work in both an Waterfall & Agile methodologies in a Product Development cycle
- Ability to travel up to 1 – 2 times a year to visit customers
- A Design Thinker
- Have one (or more) superpower(s)
- A innovative spirit, and a desire to learn
- A “can do” attitude
- The desire to be a part of something great
- Ability to speak secondary language (e.g Mandarin)
Thank you for applying but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Jamdeo is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments.
We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selections process. Please advise the Human Resource Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the process.