Software Development Group
Senior Software Test Engineer
- Provide leadership within the testing department
- Be actively involved with test planning, test preparation, test execution and test reporting
- Analyze, review and provide feedback on product requirements and specifications
- Derive, design and develop test scenarios and test cases for optimum coverage of product requirements and specifications
- Implement and maintain test artifacts and manage test artifacts through defined lifecycle within a test management tool
- Contribute to documentation creation, review, and sign-off (e.g. test strategies, plans, test cases, dashboards, defect logs)
- Maintain and update test environments and test hardware throughout product life cycle
- Opening bugs into a bug tracking database and ensuring that all bugs entered follow accepted guidelines
- Act as a liaison between external customers and internal test team
- Follow established testing processes/workflows and continuously help to improve these processes/workflows
- Work with internal teams & external customers to identify root cause
- Integrate and configure the different modules and accessories to make the development/test hardware and equipment fully functional. Test hardware and equipment may include the boards, connectors, cables, display, and packaged modules
- Coordinate a test lab to set up and store test hardware and equipment
- Must be able to build, test, & debug development boards,
- Mentor, guide and provide on the job training to junior test engineers.
Skills, Knowledge and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor degree in related disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in:
- Software QA including end to end testing of applications, APIs, and UI (Functional & non Functional).
- Test case design, Execution, Updates & maintenance for Software Requirements/Features
- Testing Android platforms.
- Real time mission critical systems
- Working experience in executing JUnit test framework.
- Experience work with development boards & hardware
- Experience in different Test Phases – Feature Test, Regression Test, System Test, and/or Field Test.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of testing methodologies, industry tools, and best practices.
- Working experience in executing white-box testing on multi-tier architectures.
- Working experience in executing automating black-box tests.
- Working experience with Linux and Android.
- Working knowledge of Defect Tracking System - JIRA.
- Working knowledge of Test Management Tool- Testlink
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proactive, has a positive attitude, quick thinker and innovative, solutions oriented.
- Mobile device development experience.
- Communicate in Mandarin fluently