Software Development Group
Mobile UI Developer
- Participate in the product definition phase.
- Scope and investigate areas of Linux and Android technology as applicable to the product.
- Lead discussion and architectural definition of various key technology pieces and their integration into the system.
- Create software engineering specifications and documentation that will be used to guide the team’s development.
- Participate in the implementation of these components.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability.
- Eagerly participate in mentoring and skills transfer to junior members of the team.
- Make disciplined use of source control and bug tracking systems.
- Participate in software code reviews to ensure the creation of high-quality, robust code by all team members.
Skills, Knowledge and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor Degree (EE, Software or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred)
- 5+ years hands-on programming experience with Android.
- Have at least one Android app published
- Strong front end skills with the ability to very quickly produce consumer quality results
- Able to translate UI specifications into pixel perfect software
- Strong appreciation for usability guidelines with a constant focus on the end user
- Develop engaging apps, game-based experiences and/or OpenGL is an asset
- Excellent understanding of standard navigation patterns
- Always focused on developing components, views, and applications with scalability and flexibility in mind
- Adamant opponent of hard coding at any level
- Proven track record of going through the software development life cycle and successfully bringing products to market.
- Able to build reusable and robust and elegant UI components
- Make technical implementation decisions and evangelize coding best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux system and user-level APIs.
- Advanced knowledge of git and gerrit code review
- Coding maturity and polish by identifying commercial-quality software in which the candidate had significant participation in design and development.
- Experience building, deploying, and administering all flavors of Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of standard source control systems and bug tracking systems and their functions in successful software development efforts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing appropriate documentation, mentoring both senior and junior team members and proactively identifying code and design flaws and suggesting improvements.
- Experience with automated test tools and debugging systems and their appropriate use in the software development cycle.
- Demonstrable experience working with very large and complex systems.
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proactive, has a positive attitude, quick thinker and innovative, solutions oriented.
- Mobile device development experience.
- Communicate in Mandarin fluently
Thank you for applying but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.Jamdeo is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments.
We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selections process. Please advise the Human Resource Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the process.